Sunday, October 12, 2008

Back to "The Wrong Park"


walesflyermary had so much fun boxing with my buddies that she wanted to head out and get some more boxes with them on Wednesday. Besides, I told her of our failed trip the week before and she figured that she could be a "a new set of eyes." So off we headed to the park. We took a picture of us on the sign this time...can you see us? I told her of my troubles the week before and pointed to the places that I had already searched. We went to the other end of the park and tried for the boxes I hadn't looked for...no luck! The trails and landmarks just didn't seem to match up! (DUH!) Crabby was scuttling around and said, "Hey, what's this?" I took a look and it was a beautiful mushroom! I set it aside for later identification and we continued on. It the woods Holly found another mushroom. THis one I knew was a Hen of the Woods so I set that one in a spot so I could find it again. By this time Mary was getting very disgusted that we hadnt yet found a box...I was pleased because I had MUSHROOMS! Crabby said that that was the good thing about having a lot of hobbies, no matter if you are having trouble with one, another pops in to take it's place! I had never thought of it that way and I was glad that he pointed it out.
Holly is on the Bolete and I am on the Hen of the Woods

We headed back to the car to check out maps again and that was where we discovered that one of us was saying "PB" while the other was saying "PD"and we thought we were saying the same thing! Oh brother! Puting the car in gear we headed off to the "Other" park!
Now we had another dilemma...our time was running short! there were two ways to go onto the trail so we picked the closest one. Turned out to be the wrong way but we were able to figure out the clues between the four of us and did the series backwards! I can tell you that it is much easier to do a series in the right order. Mary got happy again and it was a successful day. We did not have time to get the other ones we wanted but that was OK with me and Crabby...we had MUSHROOMS!

No comments: